Make these Piña Colada Pancakes for a Jimmy Buffet brunch buffet.
Mix in a medium bowl:
- 1 Cup Pancake Mix
- 1 Cup Milk / Coconut milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Half cup of fine shredded coconut
Dark Rum Maple Syrup
Heat the following in a medium size saucepan letting the rum boil down 1/3 before adding the syrup:
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 cup dark rum
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
Garnish Tips & Photo Suggestions
Garnish with toasted coconut flakes, whip cream, confectioner's sugar and tiny pieces of chopped pineapple.
Shoot them in tiny shortstracks with small bamboo skewers, or stack medium sized pancakes between slices of actual pineapple. Drizzle shots of syrup always make for good pictures. And if you're cooking these for brunch, always aim for natural sunny lighting.
Pancake Pro Tips
1. Keep the batter on the thicker than thinner side.
2. Only flip once.
3. Only flip once you see tiny bubbles throughout the pancake.
4. Use a non-stick pan.
5. A little butter on the pan is a great idea.